|
|
You will never know love unless you surrender to it.
|
On Tuesday the 18th of June, woke up and got ready to head over to the campsite. Carried my heavy bags and took train over to Chua Chu Kang mrt. Met the rest and ate Mac breakfast.. After everyone ate finished and arrived, we took bus over to the Salvation Army. Registered, took our camp tees and headed over to the canteen. Settled down for awhile and we were taught the cheers. Had some Ice breaker time after that, introduced myself to others and played some games. We were told the location of our dorm and placed out bags over there. Soon, it was lunch time and we went to the campfire site which is just really near my dorm.. So convenient!
♥ Had our lunch, played station games. There was one station which needed people to kiss a frog. Went back to wash up and ate dinner! Was told that I was needed to help out for the ushering.. Helped out and enjoyed the session by my zone leader. Had supper and had free time! I changed my clothes because we're having night walk. We were blind folded with trash bag strips and given a light stick. I broke my blue light stick cause I'm too muscular, just kidding. I twisted it too much, the liquid got on my leg though! Changed a light stick and I got a red one, which does not work. We walked for a long time and I was dragged away from my friends. I asked "Who are you?", she replied "somebody.". I was going to let her lead me and I thought "what if she wasn't human?" and I pulled back. I asked her again "What's your name?", she assured me with "I'm a good person." It was a really funny conversation to me though. Finally, I reached the start of the night walk. Removed my blind fold and found myself to be with two random people. I actually recognize one of the person, but I don't know her name. Actually I forgot, wasn't paying much attention to the conversation than walking! We were actually from the three different houses. I'm from mercurial, the other girl that I don't know is from nimbus and the one that I recognize is from adihigh. We walked for abit and the nimbus girl got scared and grabbed my arm. I was actually scared as well.. Actually everyone was scared and I was walking in the middle so, they grabbed my arm. There are people that pretended as ghost and they played creepy music. While we walked, we wasn't scared because the group infront of us got scare and we knew where those people are from them. Caught up with the group infront, soon we reached the destination and went separate ways. Stayed there waiting for the rest to complete the walk. Did a CAMP RUN word with out light sticks, it was quite pretty. We proceeded to head back from where we came from. I was walking alone and I found
Xin Yi. We introduced each other and I continued walking. She thought my name was Karin and she called our for me, but I thought she was looking for other people so I ignored. When I knew that she was talking to me, I responded. We walked back together and she was really funny. She picked up the lights sticks along the way because it's beautiful, but did not keep it in the end. By the time I reached my dorm, it's already around 2.45 am. Washed up and went to sleep.
 |
| Praying. |
On Wednesday the 19th of June, it was the second day of the camp! I woke up groggily to find
Mellissa sleeping beside me. At first I was like asking myself "why is there another person sleeping on my right?" but I was too sleepy so I continued to lay down for awhile. Went to wash up and ate breakfast! It was just a bread, luckily I brought biscuits and nuts to munch on! Shared one of my biscuit to
Xin Yi, sharing is caring! ☺ Had session 2 with Bee Leng after that, she shared about "What drives you?". It was really interesting and I enjoyed the session. I got back to dorm and changed. Had lunch, the wet games were cancelled due to the high PSI. The performers like me, have to practice for the campfire night.. It was really boring since they were just repeating and repeating whats gonna happen, due to the fact that I already knew. Did went back to dorm for a little nap because I was tired and wanted some rest. Woke up from the nap and received a message telling me to go over to the guys' dorm to gather. We discussed about the performance and prayed. Slacked awhile and did the Harlem shake with the rest. Had so much fun! Our dinner was brought to the dorm, because we were practicing. Ate with the rest outside the dorm. We were told to go over to the canteen for rehearsal. The campfire night was held at the canteen due to the haze. After everything was settled the campfire begun. I just let myself loose and I really enjoyed it alot. Performed, dance and sang together. We were told that if the PSI isn't so high on Thursday, we could have a mass water games. Since the one today was cancelled.. Went to wash up and looked for
Xin Yi. Found her at the canteen, she was with her friends. I went back to the dorm, because I didn't know what to do. The guys were gonna head out for supper and we actually wanted to join them.. In the end they went out without informing us.. She wanted to go and wash up, but was afraid.. Hence, I accompanied her. On the way over, some people said that there was Indian workers near by and told us to be careful. hesistated but we still went over. There was a few girls acting like Indian workers and I totally laughed so badly. HAHAH. Waited for her to grab her stuffs from her dorm and went to the toilet. Found
Elaine and
Ai Wei to be in the toilet as well, we talked and the conversation was really funny. Hung out with
Xin Yi for awhile more at the canteen and it was getting really boring, as I was basically standing there doing absolutely nothing but watching everyone's movement awkwardly. Went back to dorm to sleep, was feeling pretty low.. Due to the fact that it was my last night sleeping there..
 |
| Colour Run |
 |
| Leaving the place. |
On Thursday the 20th of June, woke up a few times but went back to sleep because I was still sleepy and I didn't need to wake up that early. I woke up after much struggles.. Wash up, changed and packed my things to be ready to leave.. Had my breakfast, got the chocolate bread this time.. Heheh.. I was still hungry after consuming the bread. So, I went to eat the last two pieces of my biscuit. It was so good! Prepared for colour run, had some warm up activities. Walked to the starting line of the run, as soon as my house got there the run started. I kinda ran with
Zhan Yan, it was fun. Got the chance to hold the coloured powder and threw it up in the air. We made a whole bunch of water bombs and brought it up to the location. But sad to know, the wet games were cancelled again. I got back to dorm and washed up. The lunch was brought into the dorm, due to the PSI being high. After I ate my lunch I went to find
Xin Yi at her dorm. We sat down and talked while she was eating her lunch. I was telling her about a story that me and a few classmates did when we were in sec 2, it was a merge of all the Disney princesses. So, there was this part where Cinderella's prince cheated on her in her face.
Xin Yi heard cheated wrongly to shitted and I couldn't stop laughing, it was hilarious. Like why would a guy shit on his wife to be? She lost her appetite, due to the fact that I kept on saying the word shit. We were told to bring our stuffs over to the salvation army as another camp is gonna use the dairy farm. Had a service by Zhen Ying, she talked about the potter and the clay. Had a little break and there was the encounter session by Cynthia. Got a water bottle for the best team award. Ate my dinner and took some pictures with some people. Cab back "home" after that.. Alighted near the church and took bus home.
Quote: "We can only learn to love by loving." - Iris Murdoch
Bible verse: "
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away." (I Corinthians 13:4-8 NKJV)
No comments:
Post a Comment